Okinice Meyer On Friday, July 31, 2015

This year, I surely need a vacation as I've been through a tough year last year. So, the nearest and fastest getaway option that I can choose is going to Kepulauan Seribu, exactly at Pulau Pari.
Pulau Pari
There is an interesting story behind this short getaway. For me, this is a surprising getaway, because; the first reason is this trip suddenly happened without plan. In the beginning of April, I just randomly asked my friend; what if we go to Pulau, and surprisingly we made it in the same month we discuss it. The second reason is in the beginning we talked about this getaway, I invited 3 people. Another surprise was from those 3 people, it bloomed into 15 people. It happened because those 2 of 3 people invited their friends, and their friends invited their friends (so it's like friends after friends after friends). I thought they are so easy going because they easly can join this sudden trip.
Goggles
I can't swim but everytime I go to sea, I try to always try any water sport/game that provided, such as banana boat at Pantai Anyer, snorkeling at Pulau Tidung and I did it again at Pulau Pari. I know we will be floating by wearing life vest, but I can't balance my body on the water, so there will be a person who hold me during snorkeling. 


See the dark cloud on this photo? Yes, this became my first time experience getting rainfall while I was at the sea. ;) Fortunately, the rain fell after we already did snorkeling, during our way back to homestay. So, the rain fell while we were still in the canoe and on the sea. Just like The Notebook movie. Isn't it so romantic? But, the difference is this happened towards 17 people in the canoe. :))

Waiting for sunrise
Pantai Perawan inside Pulau Pari
Knowing about ecology in Lembaga Oceanografi LIPI inside Pulau Pari
Same as Pulau Tidung, Pulau Pari now is already crowded. There are a lot of visitors. But, it's still okay if you (Jakartans) would like to try to visit Pari just for short (or sudden) getaway.

According to its name, there are still a lot of islands in Kepulauan Seribu that we can visit. Even there are some luxury private islands. Hopefully someday I can visit them one by one. :) Waiting for your feedback regarding this island! What island in Kepulauan Seribu have you visited?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments